- 21 May 2013 : South Africa signed a medium-term agreement with the ESRF at a level of 0.3% and, in doing so, became the 20th country to join the European synchrotron. NRF press release, ESRF press release, M&G atricle.
- February 2012 : Article by Sekazi Mtingwa "Synchrotron Science on the move in South Africa" in the APS Forum on International Physics Spring Newsletter
- 13 January 2012 : The "Strategic Plan for Synchrotron Science in SA" is complete. It is not yet a public document, but requests to the SRRIC Chair, Tshepo Ntsoane (tshepo.ntsoane at necsa.co.za), will be considered
- 1-2 December 2011 : The "Science @ Synchrotrons - Business Plan and Strategic Plan" Workshop.
Actions and Downloads
- Download the Report for the "Science at Synchrotrons - 2009" from February 2009
- Join the mailing list for "Science at Synchrotrons in SA"
- Download the Report for the "Series of Four Meetings on Science at Synchrotrons" from February 2007
- Download the "Science at Synchrotrons - Roadmap" from August 2007
- Download the "SA Beamline Feasibility Study" from November 2007
- Download the "User Statistics Questionnaire" from August 2008, due date 30-Aug-08
In Preparation in 2013
- S@S 2013/4 - date to be set. (Last week Nov or 1st week Dec or 2nd week Jan) - but will be in the Cape
- Finalisation of the Business Plan for the Synchrotron Roadmap - to be carried out by Sekazi Mtingwa (MIT and ALC) and Bryan Masara (SAIP - EO)
- In the last stage of the finalisation of the "Strategic Plan".
- Discussing the possibility of a "Hercules" type school as a S@S replacement for one year (offer from ESRF and SOLEIL)